Monday, May 5, 2008

The Day I went splat (dont worry this wasnt actually me so dont cry)

I all ways wanted to see how far I could fly, so one day I asked my bike sponsor to build me a ramp and shove it at the bottom of a humungous hill. If all went as planned I would break the record for longest BMX bike jump.

Finally the day arrived. I stood at the top of the hill and looked down at the hundered or so spectators. The clock struck one and I went down... the hill. Half way down I realised what the consequences would be if I mucked this up. All of a sudden I didn't want to fly anymore but a little voice told me to keep going. If I chickened out I would look like a complete loser, I would have complete humiliation for the rest of my life.

I went up the ramp, everything went into slow motion. I watched the stunned faces gasp as soared by them. I rapidly realised that I couldn't take the collosall impact that was waiting for me on the hot ashfelt. All of a sudden my bike slipped out from my grasp. The pavement jumped up to meet me. Everything went black.

No comments: